> > What happened to the big-ass computer farm for Python which was
> > being put together by someone at (I think) Michigan State?
>
> That sounds a lot like Snakebite (www.snakebite.org), which is
> still... uhhh, a work in progress ;-)

Actually, for those that are interested, here's a copy of the
presentation I gave at the Testing in Python session at PyCon a few
months ago:

http://www.snakebite.org/presentations/snakebite-pycon2010-tip.pptx
(Office 2007-2010)

http://www.snakebite.org/presentations/snakebite-pycon2010-tip.ppt
(Office 97-2003)

If anything, it'll shed some light on all the unforeseen issues we've
been running into since the project's inception.  The presentation is a
little out of date -- I spent three months earlier this year on the
network and it's definitely in the most respectable state it's been in
yet.  Coupla' photos for those that are interested:

  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4384.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4392.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4393.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4394.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4395.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4396.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4401.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4402.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4403.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4405.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4410.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4418.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4424.JPG
  http://snakebite.org/images/IMG_4425.JPG

We've got three racks filled to the brim with all sorts of servers:

 - 4xItanium 2 @ 1.5GHz, 16GB RAM, HP-UX 11iv3
 - 4xItanium 2 @ 1.5GHz, 30GB RAM, RHEL 5.3
 - 2xUltraSPARC III 900MHz, 8GB, Solaris 10
        (file/zfs/nfs server -- 16x146GB 2Gb FC)
 - 2xUltraSPARC III 1.2GHz, 4GB, Solaris 10
 - 2xPA-RISC 875MHz, 8GB, HP-UX 11iv1
 - 4 AIX boxes w/ 2x1.5GHz, 8GB, AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 & 6.1
 - 10 dedicated VMware x86/64 boxes, ranging from dual
   core 8GB to 8 core monsters with 64GB
 - 4x667MHz AlphaServer, 8GB, Tru64
 - 4x600MHz SGI Octane 300, IRIX 6.22
 - ....and lots of other stuff.

Actually, the only platform we don't have is Mac OS X.  Although I've
got a contact at Apple that I'll start harassing again once I'm back in
East Lansing.

        Trent.