On 15 Apr, 2010, at 6:36, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Greg Ewing wrote:
>> Michael Foord wrote:
>>> Building Python requires, I believe, the XCode development tools to be
>>> installed. Even then, building a full version of Python - with *all*
>>> the C extensions that are part of a Python release - is not a trivial
>>> task.
>>
>> What's non-trivial about it?
>
> Building a DMG file, in a way that the output will actually work on most
> other systems.

That *is* trivial: use Mac/BuildScript/build-installer.py on OSX 10.5.  Making
sure that unrelated changes don't accidently break the OSX build can be
non-trivial though...

That doesn't work with the py3k trunk at the moment, I just noticed that
framework builds are broken there. I've filed issue #8441 for that and am
working on a fix.

Ronald