Phil Thompson wrote:
> When I build my C++ extension on Windows (specifically PyQt with MinGW)
> against Python v2.6.5 it fails to run under v2.6.4. The same problem exists
> when building against v3.1.2 and running under v3.1.1.
>
> The error message is...
>
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> ...though I don't know what the procedure is.
>
> When built against v2.6.4 it runs fine under all v2.6.x. When built under
> v3.1.1 it runs fine under all v3.1.x.
>
> I had always assumed that an extension built with vX.Y.Z would always run
> under vX.Y.Z-1.
>
> Am I wrong in that assumption, or is this a bug in the latest versions?

You are not wrong in that assumption, but it still might not be a bug in
the latest version. It could also be a bug in MingW or PyQt.

Before we can judge on that, we need to understand what exactly happened.

As a starting point for further research, try the sxstrace utility of
your Vista installation.

Regards,
Martin