On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Jon Ribbens
<jon+python-...@unequivocal.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 03:53:16AM -0400, Eric Smith wrote:
>> I agree the new behavior is desirable. And I also think it should be the
>> default, although I feel less strongly about that.
>>
>> But since this behavior seems to be an accident of the implementation
>> (based on Steve's comment above), I think a test should be added for it
>> if it's accepted as a Good Thing (tm). Otherwise it's possible that it
>> will vanish as the implementation changes.
>
> +1 to all of that

Turns out I actually fixed this on purpose in r79 of argparse, and
even added a test (TestOptionalsDoubleDashPrefixMatch) to test this
behavior. So also +1 from me as well since I've already done it. ;-)

Steve
--
Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis?
Did Steve tell you that?