On 4/26/2010 7:45 AM, Michael Foord wrote:

So the question remains - for *tracker* privileges, should the
recommendation and commitment to mentor from an established commiter be
sufficient (and therefore a standard part of our process)?

I think this is a reasonable barrier for entry and should be acceptable.
It should be stated as part of our standard procedure however rather
than being an exception to our standard procedure.

Asking that one make public comments on a minimum of, say, 5 issues is hardly onerous.

Terry Jan Reedy