On 23/05/10 22:47, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2010 08:34:22 -0400
Jesse Noller<jnol...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Brian has already agreed to name spacing it to "concurrent.futures" -
this means it will be a small part to a much larger concurrent.*
implementation ala Java.

What I would question here is what other things will be part
of the "concurrent" package, and who will implement them. Are there
plans for that? (or even tracker issues open?)

I'm not sure it is called out explicitly in the PEP, but the specific example that came up in the previous discussions was something like "concurrent.pool" to hold a thread vs process agnostic worker pool interface based on the existing Pool interface in multiprocessing (with concrete implementations for both threading and multiprocessing).

Cheers,
Nick.