So OK, thank you for response.

No, I wasn't joking. I'm sorry, I didn't know that you Python guys get offended from being compared to PHP or Perl. Perhaps that shouldn't surprise me, though.

I have posted all of this here, because I was hoping this feature would be implemented secretly, without anyone knowing. Life isn't that simple it seems, I would have to go through all this PEP publication and stuff. Blame yourselves.

Reconsidering various ideas you have posted, I think the following solution would be best: All alphanumeric sequences preceded by a dot (".") should not be treated as reserved words.

This would allow now reserved names as attributes without any change. Highest level identifiers would need to be simply preceded by a dot.

> boo.if = 3
> boo.with = hoo.as
> .while = 1
> .for = .def
> fun(.class="a")

This doesn't require any major change, does not break anything and as a side effect makes some very old code _valid_, at least syntactically.

I am going to repost this now on a valid list. Wish me luck, you opportunists.

--

Regards, haael