On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Michael Foord
<fuzzy...@voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
> Explicit registration over implicit registration by subclassing is an
> interesting discussion, but I like the simplicity provided by just
> subclassing.

Note that ABCs are deliberately designed to let *users* choose to do
either. Subclassing gets you better implementation support (since you
pick up all the concrete method implementations "for free"), but you
can still use explicit registration if you have an existing class that
provides the API but isn't a subclass of the ABC.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncogh...@gmail.com   |   Brisbane, Australia