Am 08.08.2010 02:12, schrieb Nick Coghlan:
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 5:55 AM,  <li...@gabriel-striewe.de> wrote:
>> I know the question is why anybody should want to do so, but I do
>> think that a project which depends on a non-free compiler is not free
>> after all.
>
> It's a philosophical question

It's also a technical question. Supporting mingw on an ongoing basis is
fairly difficult, for various reasons. There would be nothing inherently
wrong with supporting mingw - it's just that none of the committers has
found enough time and motivation to work on this (either using one of
the contributed patches, or starting from scratch).

Regards,
Martin