On 12/08/2010 11:18, Steve Holden wrote:
On 8/12/2010 5:50 AM, Tim Golden wrote:

[... snip explanation of standard & non-standard locations ...]

Didn't we have this discussion when per-user libraries came up?
Shouldn't we be using a subdirectory of that location?

Yes we should. My explanation above was really just painting the
picture. It should have been an Appendix for the Truly Interested.

One might make a case that all configuration data should be stored in a
single SQLite database (with a suitable API to hide the relational
nature of the store). Then at least there would only be one file no
matter how many versions of Python were installed. Seriously. We are
already spending enough time doing stat calls on non-existent directories.

-1 on this. I don't care how many stats we're doing; I want to be able
to see my configuration / libraries etc without firing up a sqlite
session.

TJG