Hello there.
I'd like to draw your attention to two feature requests / patches that I've
subbmitted:
http://bugs.python.org/issue9609
http://bugs.python.org/issue9622

These patches are the result of work that we have done in profiling Stackless
Python server applications at runtime, but they apply just as well to C Python.
The first patch makes _lsprof, the engine behind cProfile, multi-stack aware.
This allows the same cProfiler.Profile() instance to be active on multiple
python threads and still meaningful information is gathered.
The second patch allows to set the trace/profile function in python globally,
so that all threads are affected.  This is essential if you want to take a
profililng snapshot of a running application.

We now use this extensively, to monitor the live behaviour of our EVE game
servers.  A HTTP backend server is used to control the profiler
(profile.enable(), profile disable() at runtime) and explore its output.

I haven't seen any feadback on these submissions and would appreciate some.

Cheers,
Kristján