On 3/16/2011 5:54 PM, Alexander Belopolsky wrote:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Raymond Hettinger
<raymond.hettin...@gmail.com>  wrote:
..
The version number in the decimal module refers to the version of the
spec that is being complied with.  I would like that version number
to remain in the module.

I mentioned this in my first post.   If the version number of the spec
is important, shouldn't it be called something else?

I agree, especially if we need to issue a new version of the library that implements the same spec. We couldn't upgrade __version__, since it's used for the spec. There'd be no way to know (by inspection) if the version of the library fixed a spec compliance issue.

Eric.