On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:33:00 +0100, Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:24:26 -0400
> "R. David Murray" <rdmur...@bitdance.com> wrote:
> >
> > It would be great if rebase did work with share, that would make a
> > push race basically a non-issue for me.
>
> rebase as well as strip destroy some history, meaning some of your
> shared clones may end up having their working copy based on a
> non-existent changeset. I'm not sure why rebase would be worse that
> strip in that regard, though.

So maybe the problem was that I tried hg pull --rebase, and that mucked
with the checkout.  If I do a straight hg rebase, will it rebase *all*
the commits in my local repo, regardless of branch?  I know how to fix
the parent of my working dirs, so that isn't an issue.  But do I need
to do an hg rebase for each branch?  The docs made it sound like I did,
but the multi-branch case isn't covered in the scenarios.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com