Am 21.03.2011 00:43, schrieb Greg Ewing:
> Mark Hammond wrote:
>
>> The above raises an interesting question - if the launcher executed
>> Python in-process, what would sys.executable be?
>
> I think it should be the actual Python executing at that
> moment, not the launcher. This is the least change from
> current behaviour and therefore least likely to break
> existing code.

I remain -1 on any proposal that uses subprocesses. It absolutely must
be the launcher that is running Python. In fact, I'd call it
"python.exe".

Because of this issue, it may turn out infeasible to actually implement
the PEP. If Mark takes a stance in this issue, I'd request that the
opposite position is appropriately reflected (and rebutted) in the PEP.

Regards,
Martin