--- Begin Message ---
Hi Martin,

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 23:57:05 +0200
"Martin v. Löwis" <mar...@v.loewis.de> wrote:
> On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
> happy to announce the release candidate 1 of Python 2.5.6.
>
> This is a source-only release that only includes security fixes. The
> last full bug-fix release of Python 2.5 was Python 2.5.4. Users are
> encouraged to upgrade to the latest release of Python 2.7 (which is
> 2.7.1 at this point).

Maybe in future the last sentence could be changed to something like:

    Users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest release of Python 2.7
    (which is 2.7.1 at this point), or better still, to migrate to
    Python 3.2.

(Naturally changing the versions as appropriate.)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy

--- End Message ---