Hi,

Sorry for quick email-battery dying.

regrtest helpfully reports when a test leaves the environment unclean (sys.path, os.environ, logging._handlerList), but I think the implementation is buggy: it compares object identity and then value. Why is comparing identity useful? I’d just use ==. It makes writing cleanup code easier (just use addCleanup(setattr, obj, 'attr', copy(obj.attr))).

Second: in packaging, we have two modules that create a logging handler. I’m not sure how if we should change the code or fix the tests to restore the _handlerList, or how.

Thanks for advice.

Regards