Welcome Sandeep,

> I am willing to spend time and effort to ensure that python remains supported
> on OpenVMS. Please let me know what needs to be done for continued
> OpenVMS Support in Python. Looking forward to working with the Python
> community.

The first thing would be to check whether the current development tree
(the future Python 3.3) compiles and works fine for OpenVMS. Given that
3.x has had many changes compared to 2.x, this is not guaranteed.

Instructions for getting the source tree are here:
http://docs.python.org/devguide/setup.html
Once the interpreter compiled fine, the second step is to run the test
suite:
http://docs.python.org/devguide/runtests.html

Any compilation errors and test suite failures should be reported to
the bug tracker (http://bugs.python.org/), preferably with patches
since I doubt any of us would be able to fix the issues themselves.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards

Antoine.