Eli Bendersky wrote:

        I like this solution since this issue of documenting
        test.support keeps
        coming up. Otherwise we can not document test.support,

    We already do.

    25.6. test.support — Utility functions for tests
    is about half of the page that also contains
    25.5. test — Regression tests package for Python
    The latter contains
    25.5.1. Writing Unit Tests for the test package
    which should also be moved to the dev guide if 25.6 is.

+1
    That would leave 25.5 as a short page explaining what lib/test is
    and how to run the tests, which is something user sometimes need to do.

Out of curiosity, why would a user need to run Python's tests?

Curiosity.  ;)

~Ethan~