On 7/29/2011 6:54 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 18:47:07 -0400
Terry Reedy<tjre...@udel.edu>  wrote:

And test.support *is* for internal use.

No, the stuff in there is *not* for internal use within the module but
for external use is possiby every test module.

I meant internal use for us. Really, whether or not it's
used cross-module is irrelevant.

It is not at all irrelevant to me as a newer developer. I see uses of test.support.x quite often in checkins and I apparently should know about the contents of test.support for writing tests so I can use things as appropriate. Ditto for everyone else. On the other hand, the private support functions in trace.py are irrelevant to everyone except for the occasional person doing occasion maintenance work on that module.

Terry Jan Reedy