On 24/08/2011 5.31, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Steven D'Aprano<st...@pearwood.info>  wrote:
(Nor do we write filingsystem, governmentsystem, politicalsystem or
schoolsystem. This is English, not German.)
Personally, I think 'filesystem' is a portmanteau in the process of
coming into existence (as evidenced by usage like 'FHS' standing for
'Filesystem Hierarchy Standard'). However, the two word form is still
useful at times, particularly for disambiguation of acronyms (as
evidenced by usage like 'NFS' and 'GFS' for 'Network File System' and
'Google File System'). The Wikipedia article on the topic mixes and
matches the two forms, but overall does favour the two word form.

Since I tend to use the one word 'filesystem' form myself (ditto for
'filename'), I'm +1 for FilesystemError, but I'm only -0 for
FileSystemError (so I expect that will be the option chosen, given
other responses).

This pretty much summarizes my thoughts. I saw the wiki article using both and since I consider 'filesystem' a single word I was wondering if anyone else preferred FilesystemError. I'm totally fine with FileSystemError too though, if most people prefer it.

Best Regards,
Ezio Melotti

Regards,
Nick.