Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Cedric Sodhi <man...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > IF YOU THINK YOU MUST REPLY SOMETHING WITTY, ITERATE THAT THIS HAD
> > BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE, REPLY THAT "IT'S SIMPLY NOT GO'NNA HAPPEN",
> > THAT "WHO DOESN'T LIKE IT IS FREE TO CHOOSE ANOTHER LANGUAGE" OR
> > SOMETHING SIMILAR, JUST DON'T.
>
> Every single response in this thread so far has ignored this request.

The request was completely unreasonable. Cedric does not get to
unilaterally set restrictions on who and how people respond to a screed
in a public forum.

> the rest I have to say about the topic would violate the above
> request.

You have my permission to violate the above request. That should have at
least as much authority as the request itself, so you are hereby
empowered to respond as you like.

--
 \             “We can't depend for the long run on distinguishing one |
  `\         bitstream from another in order to figure out which rules |