> Just wondering, do Metro apps define UNDER_CE or _WIN32_WCE? The point
> is that the old ANSI functions (CreateFileA etc) have been removed from
> the embedded MS Windows CE long ago, too, and MS Windows Mobile used to
> be a custom CE variant or at least strongly related. In any case, it
> could help using the existing (incomplete) CE port as base for Metro.

I have now completed building Python as a Metro DLL; the WinRT
restrictions are fairly limited (code-wise, not so in impact).

They are quite different from the CE restrictions. For example,
CreateSemaphore is not available on WinRT, you have to use
CreateSemaphoreExW (which is new in Windows Vista). No traces of
the CE API can be seen in the restrictions, and the separation
is done in a different manner (WINAPI_FAMILY==2).

Regards,
Martin