On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:56:11 -0500
Benjamin Peterson <benja...@python.org> wrote:

> 2012/1/29 Mark Shannon <m...@hotpy.org>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now that issue 13703 has been largely settled,
> > I want to propose my new dictionary implementation again.
> > It is a little more polished than before.
>
> If you're serious about changing the dictionary implementation, I
> think you should write a PEP. It should explain the new dicts
> advantages (and disadvantages?) and give comprehensive benchmark
> numbers. Something along the lines of
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3128/ I should think.

"New dictionary implementation" is a misnomer here. Mark's patch merely
allows to share the keys array between several dictionaries. The lookup
algorithm remains exactly the same as far as I've read. It's actually
much less invasive than e.g. Martin's AVL trees-for-hash-collisions
proposal.

Regards

Antoine.