francis wrote:
Hi Mark,
Bah... typo in assert statement.
My fault for not testing the debug build (release build worked fine).
Both builds working now.
Yeah, now is working and passes all tests also on my machine.

I've tried to run the test suite but I'm getting a SyntaxError:
(may be you know it's just the first time that I try the tool):

=============================
ci@random:~/prog/cpython/benchmarks$ python perf.py -r -b apps python ../cpython_new_dict/python
Running 2to3...
INFO:root:Running ../cpython_new_dict/python lib/2to3/2to3 -f all lib/2to3_data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "perf.py", line 2236, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "perf.py", line 2192, in main
    options)))
  File "perf.py", line 1279, in BM_2to3
    return SimpleBenchmark(Measure2to3, *args, **kwargs)
  File "perf.py", line 706, in SimpleBenchmark
    *args, **kwargs)
  File "perf.py", line 1275, in Measure2to3
    return MeasureCommand(command, trials, env, options.track_memory)
  File "perf.py", line 1223, in MeasureCommand
    CallAndCaptureOutput(command, env=env)
  File "perf.py", line 1053, in CallAndCaptureOutput
    raise RuntimeError(u"Benchmark died: " + unicode(stderr, 'ascii'))
RuntimeError: Benchmark died: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "lib/2to3/2to3", line 3, in <module>
    from lib2to3.main import main
  File "/home/ci/prog/cpython/benchmarks/lib/2to3/lib2to3/main.py", line 47
    except os.error, err:
                           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

And the baseline is: Python 2.7.2+ (but it also gives me an SyntaxError running on
python3 default  (e50db1b7ad7b)

What I'm doing wrong ? (from it's doc: “This project is intended to be an
authoritative source of benchmarks for all Python implementations.”)

You need to convert the benchamrks to Python3 using 2to3. Instructions are in the make_perf3.sh file. You may need to manually fix up the output as well :(

Cheers,
Mark.