On 18/02/2012 05:24, Mark Hammond wrote:
I'm wondering what thoughts are on PEP 397, the Python launcher for
Windows. I've been using the implementation for a number of months now
and I find it incredibly useful.

To my mind, the specific steps would be:

* Have someone pronounce it as accepted (or suggest steps to be taken
before such a pronouncement). I can't recall the current process - does
Guido have to pronounce personally or formally delegate to a czar?

* Move the source into the Python tree and update the build process.

* Arrange for it to be installed with the next release of 3.2 and all
future versions - I'm happy to try and help with that, but will probably
need some help from Martin.

* Write some user-oriented docs.

The section in the docs "Using Python on Windows" would need to be updated, but would this have to happen for every current version of Python?

The docs here https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/pylauncher/src/tip/Doc/launcher.rst are in my view possibly overkill, what do the rest of you think?

The ouput from py --help seems fine but nothing happens when pyw --help is entered, is this by accident or design?

Thoughts or comments?

Mark

A cracking bit of kit :)

--