While some effort has gone on to get the 32-bit build to compile
without warnings (thanks for that!), 64-bit still has numerous
warnings. Before I push forward on more of the VS2010 port, I'd like
to have a clean 2008 build all around so we can more easily track what
may have changed. In completing that effort, I'm using a guideline
Martin set out in #9566 [0], and please let me know if there are any
others to follow. I kind of doubt anyone is against this, but if you
are, please speak up before I start pushing changes.

While I have your attention, I'd like to throw two other things out
there to follow up the above effort:
1. Is anyone opposed to moving up to Level 4 warnings?
...take a deep breath...
2. Is anyone opposed to enabling warnings as errors?

[0] http://bugs.python.org/issue9566#msg113574