On 2/27/2012 10:44 AM, Armin Ronacher wrote:

On 2/27/12 1:55 AM, Terry Reedy wrote:
I presume such a hook would simply remove 'u' prefixes and would run
*much* faster than 2to3. If such a hook is satisfactory for 3.2, why
would it not be satisfactory for 3.3?

Agile development and unittests.

Given that last December you wrote
"And in my absolutely personal opinion Python 3.3/3.4 should be more like Python 2* and Python 2.8 should happen and be a bit more like Python 3."
* you wrote '3' but obviously must have meant '2'.
http://lucumr.pocoo.org/2011/12/7/thoughts-on-python3/

I would like to know if you think that this one change is enough to do agile development and testing, etc, or whether, as Chris McDonough hopes, this is just the first of a series of proposals you have planned.

--
Terry Jan Reedy