On 09/03/2012 22:32, Jim Jewett wrote:
I do not believe the change set below is valid.

As I read it, the new test verifies that one particular type of Nasty
key will provoke a RuntimeError -- but that particular type already
did so, by hitting the recursion limit.  (It doesn't even really
mutate the dict.)

Oh yes, thanks for the report. I fixed that test.

Meanwhile, the patch throws out tests for several different types of
mutations that have caused problems -- even segfaults -- in the past,
even after the dict implementation code was already "fixed".

Changing these tests to "assertRaises" would be fine, but they should
all be kept; if nothing else, they test whether you've caught all
mutation avenues.

I ran all these tests, none is still crashing. I don't think that it is interesting to keep them.

Victor