On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:
> If you can solve your problem with a suitably hacked Unpickler
> subclass that's fine with me, but I would personally use this
> opportunity to change the app to some other serialization format that
> is perhaps less general but more robust than pickle. I've been bitten
> by too many pickle-related problems to recommend pickle to anyone...

It's fine for in-memory storage of (almost) arbitrary objects (I use
it to stash things in a memory backed sqlite DB via SQLAlchemy) and
for IPC, but yeah, for long-term cross-version persistent storage, I'd
be looking to something like JSON rather than pickle.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   ncogh...@gmail.com   |   Brisbane, Australia