On 3/20/2012 1:50 PM, Merlijn van Deen wrote:
On 13 March 2012 20:43, VanL<van.lindb...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Following up on conversations at PyCon, I want to bring up one of my
personal hobby horses for change in 3.3: Fix install layout on Windows, with
a side order of making the PATH work better.

As this is being considered an 'incompatible change' on the bug
tracker item [1] in any case, I'd like to mention that this might also
be a convenient moment to re-think the default install location. After
all, software is supposed to be installed in %programfiles% on
windows, not in c:\<program name>.

I don't particularly care about this issue, as I always install to my own location (c:\lib\python\X.Y), but I don't think that the default location of the install should be confounded with this issue - or should I say these issues, because we already have two.