On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Jeffrey Yasskin <jyass...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I'm not sure you're the right person to drive time PEPs. You
> don't seem to have come into it with much knowledge of time, and it's
> taken several repetitions for you to take corrections into account in
> both this discussion and the Decimal/datetime representation PEP.

The main things required to be a PEP champion are passion and a
willingness to listen to expert feedback and change course in
response. If someone lacks the former, they will lose steam and their
PEP will eventually be abandoned. If they don't listen to expert
feedback, then their PEP will ultimately be rejected (sometimes a PEP
will be rejected anyway as a poor fit for the language *despite* being
responsive to feedback, but that's no slight to the PEP author).

Victor has shown himself to be quite capable of handling those aspects
of the PEP process, and the topics he has recently applied himself to
are ones where it is worthwhile having a good answer in the standard
library for Python 3.3.

Cheers,
Nick.

--