In article
<cad+xwwqqebh9abeggevjuboaspbv++yq3dtmfuadre6a3-5...@mail.gmail.com>,
 Brian Curtin <br...@python.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 20:53, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:

[...]
> The Windows build works with 8.5.11 so I imagine we would just use
> that. If anyone wants to pull it all out and make it use some
> third-party installer that's up to them.
>
> I can try applying the relevant patches to the 8.5.11 we have, but I
> don't really have the time or knowledge to test them. I don't know
> anything about tcl/tk and don't know a whole lot about Macs.

The Tk fix Terry refers is applicable only to the OS X Aqua Cocoa Tcl/Tk
8.5 port.  It has nothing to do with Windows, any other OS X Tcl/Tk, or
any other platform.  Further, the Tcl/TK source Martin is talking about
is used only by the Windows installer builds.  The python.org OS X
installers do not build or supply Tcl/Tk; they link with the
Apple-supplied Tcl/Tks and compatible distributions, like the
ActiveState ones.   So this is all a non-issue.

--
 Ned Deily,
 n...@acm.org