Some issues with the PEP 418:

1) time.clock is deprecated, but also supported by get_clock_info. Why bother supporting it if you don't want people to use it?

2) get_clock_info returns a dict. Why not a namedtuple?

3) The dict returned by get_clock_info includes an optional key, "is_adjusted". Why is it optional?

4) The section on mach_absolute_time states:

   According to the documentation (Technical Q&A QA1398), mach_timebase_info()
   is always equal to one and never fails, even if the function may fail
   according to its prototype.

I've read the linked technical note and I can't see anything about it always being equal to one. I don't think your description is accurate.

5) In the glossary, you mark some terms in angle brackets <> but there is no definition for them:

  <nanosecond>
  <strictly monotonic>
  <clock monotonic> (which I think should be <monotonic clock> instead)

6) A stylistic suggestion: the glossary entries for Accuracy and Precision should each say "Contrast <the other>" and link to the Wikipedia article.

7) There is a mismatch in tenses between "Adjusted" and "Resetting" in the glossary. Suggest something like this instead:

    Adjusted: Reset to the correct time. This may be done either
    with a <Step> or by <Slewing>.

8) The glossary defines steady as high stability and "relatively high accuracy
   and precision". But surely that is not correct -- a clock that ticks every
   once per second (low precision) is still steady.

9) The perf_counter pseudocode seems a bit unusual (unPythonic?) to me. Rather than checking flags at call-time, could you not use different function definitions at compile time?

10) The "Alternatives" section should list arguments made for and against the alternative APIs, not just list them.

Thanks for your excellent work Victor!

--
Steven