On 6/4/12 4:11 PM, Carl Meyer wrote:
Hello Christian,

On 06/03/2012 03:56 PM, Éric Araujo wrote:
Le 02/06/2012 12:59, Christian Tismer a écrit :
One urgent question: will this feature be backported to Python 2.7?
Features are never backported to the stable versions.  virtualenv still
exists as a standalone project which is compatible with 2.7 though.
To add to Éric's answer: the key difference between virtualenv and
pyvenv, allowing pyvenv environments to be much simpler, relies on a
change to the interpreter itself. This won't be backported to 2.7, and
can't be released as a standalone package.

It would be possible to backport the Python API and command-line UI of
pyvenv (which are different from virtualenv) as a PyPI package
compatible with Python 2.7. Because it wouldn't have the interpreter
change, it would have to still create environments that look like
virtualenv environments (i.e. they'd have to have chunks of the stdlib
symlinked in and a custom site.py). I suppose this could be useful if
wanting to script creation of venvs across Python 2 and Python 3, but
the utility seems limited enough that I have no plans to do this.

Thank you call. Sad, but I see.

I guess I could produce an extension as add-on that mutates python2.7's
behavior ;-)

kidding-ly y'rs  - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tis...@stackless.com>