On 20/06/2012 14:53, Nick Coghlan wrote:
3.4 PEP: Standard library package downloader (pysetup)
----------------------------------
     # Amongst other things, this needs to have a really good security
story (refusing to install unsigned packages by default, etc)
     packaging.depgraph — Dependency graph builder
     packaging.pypi — Interface to projects indexes
     packaging.pypi.client — High-level query API
     packaging.pypi.base — Base class for index crawlers
     packaging.pypi.dist — Classes representing query results
     packaging.pypi.simple — Crawler using the PyPI “simple” interface
     packaging.pypi.xmlrpc — Crawler using the PyPI XML-RPC interface
     packaging.tests.pypi_server — PyPI mock server
     packaging.fancy_getopt — Wrapper around the getopt module  # Why
does this exist?
I'm okay and willing to work on this part. I started a full review of the code I wrote years ago, and which clearly needs some cleaning. Alos, I'm not sure to understand what having a PEP to manage this means: should I describe all the API in a text document (with examples) so we can discuss this and validate before doing the changes/cleanings to the API?

Alexis