On 6/21/12 7:56 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:
think any API has been removed or modified.

In my opinion, distribute is the only project that should go forward
since it's actively maintained and does not suffer from the bus factor.
Yeah the biggest difference is Py3 compat, other than that afaik I don't

I'm not too interested in the drama/history of the fork situation
You are the one currently adding drama by asking for a new setuptools release and saying distribute is diverging.

so I don't care whether setuptools has the fix or distribute has it or both have it, but being able to point at some package which doesn't prevent folks from overriding sys.path ordering using PYTHONPATH would be a good thing.

It has to be in Distribute if we want it in most major Linux distros.

And as I proposed to PJE I think the best thing would be to have a single project code base, working with Py3 and receiving maintenance fixes with several maintainers.

Since it's clear we're not going to add feature in any of the projects, I think we can safely trust a larger list of maintainers, and just keep the project working until the replacement is used

- C