On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 03:49:52PM +0300, Petri Lehtinen wrote:
> anatoly techtonik wrote:
> > On the subject. Is there a mirror of CPython on GitHub?
>
> https://github.com/akheron/cpython
>
> > changes to repository (and allows anonymous to do this). I've made
> > more than a dozen proposal for fixing docs, because as a matter of
> > fact - filling a bug AND explaining why docs are wrong, why they need
> > to be fixed, what should be added - all of this is a way *much easier*
> > (and less time consuming!) than just fixing them. Unfortunately.
>
> You won't get any changes in to CPython by creating pull requests. We
> use http://bugs.python.org/ for that, sorry.

Question -- is there a reason to abide by this rule for docs?  That is, if we
could get a sympathetic core dev to look at pull requests for docs as part of
a streamlined process, would it cause problems?

(What I'm really asking is whether or the bugs.python.org process is
considered critical for potentially minor doc changes and additions.)

thanks,
--titus
--
C. Titus Brown, c...@msu.edu