On 11/26/2012 06:01 AM, Chris Jerdonek wrote:
I would like to know when we should use "class" in the Python 3
documentation, and when we should use "type."  Are these terms
synonymous in Python 3, and do we have a preference for which to use
and when?

Some people like to use "class" for the subset of types created by Python's "class" statement or its moral equivalent (explicit invocation of the metaclass). It makes sense that "class" is used to create classes. The word "type" then refers to both classes and built-in and extension types, such as "list" or "array.array".