On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:

... snip ...

In PEP 3156 conformant code you're supposed always to use 'yield
> from'. The only time you see a bare yield is when it's part of the
> implementation's internals. (However I think tulip actually will
> handle a yield the same way as a yield from, except that it's slower
> because it makes a roundtrip to the scheduler, a.k.a. trampoline.)

Would it be possible to fail on "yield"? Silently being slower when you
forget to type a keyword is something I can imagine will creep up a lot by
mistake, and I don't think it's a good idea to silently be slower when the
only different is five more characters.

> Will comment more as I keep reading I'm sure :)
>
> Please do!
>
> --

  Jasper