In doing the detailed review of PEP 426 as BDFL-Delegate, I keep
noticing confusing problems with the current spec that mean I want to
become a *co-author* on the spec, rather than explaining to the
current authors the aspects I object to, until they produce a version
that I'm happy with (this is frustrating for the authors as well,
since several of the problems have been inherited from the previous
version of the spec rather than being new in the current version).

Now, Guido's authored and accepted his own PEPs in the past, but to
date we've avoided letting anyone else do that. Since I *definitely*
want to co-author the new metadata PEP (mostly to address issues with
the version specifier section and to include the *rationale* for
changes, rather than merely listing them as previous versions of the
metadata PEPs have done), that means one of the following needs to
happen:

- someone else volunteers to be BDFL-Delegate for PEP 426 (MvL, perhaps?)
- I get clear approval (perhaps from Guido?) to be both co-author
*and* BDFL-Delegate for PEP 426

Regards,
Nick.