By the way on the arm (and any platform that can do cross-compiling) I've created a Makefile based build of the python 2.7.x:

  https://bitbucket.org/cavallo71/android

Please don't be fooled by the Android name, it really can take any crosscompiler (provided it follows the gcc synatx).

It was born out of the frustration with trying to adapt ./configure to do cross compiling. It is a sliglty different update to the problem as tried by the kiwy project for example.

I hope this helps,
Antonio

On 2013-03-14 13:38, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
Le Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:21:09 +0100,
Christian Heimes <christ...@python.org> a écrit :

IMHO you should target x86, x86_64, ARMv6 and ARMv7. ARMv7 is going to
be more important than x86 in the future.  We are going to see more
ARM based servers.

Well we can't really see less of them, since there are hardly any ;-)

Related reading:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6757/calxedas-arm-server-tested