On Jun 15, 2013, at 11:53 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:

>Note that while flufl.enum was the inspiration, it is not the version that
>went into 3.4.

I haven't yet decided whether to continue with development of flufl.enum or
not.  I think there's a lot of value in promoting a standard enum library and
having PEP 435 in both the 3.4 stdlib and in a good backport may outweigh the
differences.  I mostly agree with everything in PEP 435 <wink>.

One big test will be porting Mailman 3 to enum34.  I expect that to mostly
Just Work and I don't think the differences will affect it (I've already
adjusted for the lack of inheritance - mostly I have to see what effect it
will have on the database layer).

OTOH, if folks really depend on the differences in flufl.enum, I will probably
at least continue to maintain it, but not add any new features.

-Barry