On 06/27/2013 08:18 AM, Eric Snow wrote:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 2:48 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the main concern I would have is whether other implementations
are happy they can provide a suitable ordered dictionary for class
namespace execution.

It's also worth considering what would have to happen for dynamically
created types where the namespace passed in *wasn't* ordered.

Good points.  In either case there is no definition order available.
I'm okay with that.  Would it be better to represent that as None (and
the attribute is always defined) or by having the attribute undefined?
  I'd rather always have the attribute, but I expect the significantly
simpler solution is to leave the attribute undefined when definition
order is not available.  So I'd go with the latter.

So in Python space the options are either:

   if some_class.__definition_order__ is not None:

or

   if getattr(some_class, '__definition_order__', None) is not None:

?

Seems like always defined would be easier.

--
~Ethan~