Am 12.07.2013 03:49, schrieb Ben Hoyt:
> I guess it has to be dropped at some stage, but with Windows XP it's a
> case of "XP is dead. Long live XP!" There are still an awful lot of XP
> boxes out there, and I'd kind hate to see support dropped completely. We
> still use it here at home.
>
> Wikipedia/Net Applications says that Windows XP has still has a full 37%
> of market share!
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems)

I'm not planing to shut Windows XP out from Python completely. Users of
Python can still use Python 3.3 or 2.7. Python 3.3 will get a final bug
fix release after the release of Python 3.4.0 and security fixes until 2017.

Windows XP is really, *really* old. It has been released almost 12 years
ago. Linux kernel 2.4.0 was released about the same time. Its mainstream
support has ended 4 years ago. Do people really expect that they can run
the latest version of a program on a decommissioned operating system?

Christian