On 7/15/2013 11:11 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

I'll look into adding some stronger wording at the top making it clear
that while PEP 8 is a useful starting point and a good default if a
project doesn't have a defined style guide of it's own, it is *not*
the be-all-and-end-all for Python style guides. Treating it as such as
an abuse of the PEP, pure and simple.

How about (re)naming it
Style Guide for Python Standard Library Code

Without 'Standard Library' in the title, I can see how some people might think it meant to apply to all code. I do not think we need to worry about the above being too narrow.

--
Terry Jan Reedy