On 8/21/2013 4:52 PM, R. David Murray wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:34:33 -0500, Tim Peters <tim.pet...@gmail.com> wrote:
[Brett]
After reading that sentence I realize there is a key "not" missing: "I see
no reason NOT to help visibly shutter the 3.2. branch ...". IOW I say do the
null merge. Sorry about that.

No problem!  Since I've been inactive for a long time, it's good for
me to practice vigorously defending what's currently documented -
tests my understanding, and lets me annoy people at the same time ;-)

Here's what I intend to do (unless an objection appears):

hg up 3.3
hg merge 3.2
# merge in the v3.2.5 tag definition from .hgtags,
# but revert everything else
hg revert -a -X .hgtags -r .
hg resolve -a -m
hg diff  # to ensure that only the v3.2.5 tag in .hgtags changed
hg commit

You'll need a push here, too.  And at that point it may fail. It may be
the case that only Georg can push to 3.2, I don't remember for sure.

Where is the push to 3.2? I only see changes to 3.3 (to be repeated with 3.4).

I agree that it would cause less developer mind-overhead if the branch
were merged.

--
Terry Jan Reedy