Thanks Antoine!

I will stop pretending to myself that I can finish the PEP this week and
instead focus on getting the docs in the CPython repo bootstrapped.

I would also like to thank the many contributors to the design and
implementation. (I've tried to mention everyone in the PEP's
Acknowledgements section -- if you know of someone who has contributed but
isn't mentioned yet, please let me know.)

It's been a great ride! (And it isn't over yet. :-)

--Guido

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have decided to mark PEP 3156 accepted. This reflects the fact that
> the implementation is now in the stdlib tree, and its API has been
> pretty much validated during all previous discussions (mostly on the
> tulip mailing-list).
>
> I cannot stress enough that the main preoccupation right now should be
> to write and integrate module docs inside the CPython source tree :-)
>
> Congratulations to Guido and all people involved! This is a large and
> very significant addition to the stdlib, and as far as I can tell both
> design and implementation have benefitted from the contributions of many
> people (perhaps someone should add them to Misc/ACKS?).
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine.

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)