On 7 Jan 2014 18:18, "Donald Stufft" <don...@stufft.io> wrote:

> Given the low adoption rates for Python 3 it would not surprise me if
people
> who are hampered by the lack of this change are willing to wait until a
Python
> version is released that has it.

Once the code exists (regardless of the exact spelling), it also becomes
much easier to extract as an extension module on PyPI for wire protocol
formatting. That would allow folks to choose between just supporting 3.5+
and using the builtin formatting operations, or switching to the cross
version compatible formatting module (if one was created).

So I like the idea of restoring this capability for 3.5, but don't see a
reason to consider rushing it into 3.4.

Cheers,
Nick.

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/donald%40stufft.io