Le 10/01/2014 16:35, Nick Coghlan a écrit :

> One idea we're considering for Python 3.5 is to have a report of
> "ascii" on a POSIX OS imply the surrogateescape error handler (at
> least for the standard streams, and perhaps in other contexts), since
> the OS reporting the POSIX/C locale almost certainly indicates a
> configuration error rather than intentional behaviour.

would it make sense to be more general, and allow a "lenient mode",
where all files implicitly opened with the default encoding would also
use the surrogateescape error handler ?

That way, applications designed to process text mostly written in the
default encoding would just call sys.set_lenient_mode() and be done.

Of course, libraries would need to be strongly discouraged to ever use
this and encouraged to explicitly set the error handler on appropriate
files instead.

Cheers,

Baptiste