On 01/19/2014 03:32 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:
Am 19.01.2014 11:19, schrieb Larry Hastings:
On 01/18/2014 10:36 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On 19 January 2014 10:44, Steve Dower <steve.do...@microsoft.com> wrote:
Visual Studio will try to compile them if they end with .c, though this can
be disabled on a per-file basis in the project file. Files ending in .h
won't be compiled, though changes should be detected and cause the .c files
that include them to be recompiled.
That sounds like a rather good argument for .clinic.h over .clinic.c :)

My assessment of the thread is that .clinic.h will give us the best
overall tool compatibility.

Yeah, I'm tipping pretty far towards "foo.c" -> "foo.clinic.h".

But there's one onion in the ointment: what should "foo.h" generate?  The day
may yet arrive when we have Argument Clinic code in foo.{ch}.

Not kidding, my best idea so far is "foo.clinic.h.h",

Why not always put clinic into its own directory?

Modules/mathmodule.c -> Modules/clinic/mathmodule.c.h
Modules/mathmodule.h -> Modules/clinic/mathmodule.h.h

At least that is consistent, allows easy exclusion in tools, and gets rid
of the additional "clinic" in the filename.

+1

If AC will work with both .c and .h files. I think a separate directory is the
way to go.

--
~Ethan~